“Sleeping Beauty” from Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia to the USA
The project aims to create a cultural cooperative relationship between Italian and US museums in order to share research and restoration paths with the purpose of preparing a travelling exhibition in several US institutions. The initiative will find its first concrete expression in a restoration educational workshop shared between Italian and US specialists. It offers to the Italian museums a new and effective form of promotion of their collections, also in terms of tourism promotion.
The initiative was launched after preliminary meetings in Cleveland (USA), during the annual meeting of the Association of Art Museum Directors, and in Rome, last November.
On 23th and 24th of February 2017, the Directorate-General of Museums invited Karol Wight, director of the Corning Museum of Glass, to visit several national archaeological museums of Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia. During the visit, the directors and curators of Italian museums have shared with Karol Wight and Stephen P. Koob, Chief Conservator of the Corning Museum of Glass, the guidelines of the draft produced by the Directorade-General of Museums abouth the glass production in the North Adriatic area between the Bronze Age and the Middle Ages.
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Adria
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Altino
- Museo archeologico nazionale Atestino
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Fratta Polesine
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Portogruaro
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Venezia
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Aquileia
- Museo archeologico nazionale di Cividale del Friuli
- The Corning Museum of Glass
"Sleeping Beauty" Project.
The precious reserves of Italian museums.